Log in

  • 08/10/2020 9:11 PM | Rachel Greenough (Administrator)

    Operation Back to School provides fully loaded backpacks of school supplies to students throughout Multnomah and Washington counties.  The organization was founded in 2018 in memory of Kim Ellsworth, a long-time teacher in Hillsboro. Operation Back to School works with trusted community partners that provide culturally-specific services to BIPOC students and families. This allows these organizations to self-determine the best way to distribute supplies and provide support to students and families.

    This year, Operation Back to School has a goal to provide 2,000 (!!!) backpacks of supplies to students in the area. They need all the supplies they can get. With schools closed, students will depend on their own supplies for school work this year.

    All of the below items are needed!

    2” Binders
    1” Binders
    College Rule Paper
    Wide Rule Paper
    Boxes of regular pencils
    Boxes of large pencils
    College Rule Notebook
    Wide Rule Notebook
    Paper Binders
    Plastic Binders
    School Scissors
    Giant Glue Stick
    Boxes of Pens Black
    Boxes of Pens Blue
    Dual Head Pencil Sharpener 
    Large Eraser 
    Index Cards 
    Highlighters Box 
    Box of 24 Crayons 
    Box of 24 Multicultural Crayons 
    Large 8 count Crayons 
    Large 8 Count Multicultural Crayons 
    Box of Color Pencil 
    Box of Color Markers 
    Large Color Markers 
    Plastic Divider 
    Pencil Pouch 
    Primary School Notebooks 
    Packet of Construction paper 

    Donations can be dropped off at Fanladen during the following hours:

    • Wednesdays, 8/12, 8/19, 8/16 - 6pm to 8pm

    • Fridays, 8/14, 8/21, 8/28 - 3pm to 6pm

    • Saturdays, 8/15, 8/22, 8/29 - 12pm to 3pm

    • Sundays, 8/16, 8/23, 8/30 - 12pm to 3pm

    Fanladen is located at 1633 SW Alder. 

    Operation Back to School also needs financial donations to purchase additional items. If you wish to make a donation, please visit this link.

    Thank you for your support and donations! 

    If you have any questions, please contact

  • 08/04/2020 8:38 PM | Kristen Gehrke (Administrator)

    Posted on behalf of Capo Sunday and the Timbers Army and Riveters CDnT:

    While it has been a tumultuous year, you, the membership of the 107ist, with your network of family, friends, and fellow supporters, have stepped up time and time again to donate goods, help out, and send money. Bravo! You are amazing! There is always more to do and more to learn, and you keep doing and keep going. THANK YOU! 

    We (Capos DnT as a unit) are nothing without you. The lack of seeing all of your faces in PP this season, sharing in the experience as we deal with tension, loss, joy, irritation at the refs, of standing with you in passion and love, well, it has made it an odd and long offseason. 

    The CDnT are still dedicated to providing support to the youth in our community through our annual tradition of BYCAP*. Our longstanding goal with BYCAP is to provide help to the burgeoning young voices in our neighborhoods, to aid them in learning how to be strong and confident, to provide them with the ability to communicate their needs, dreams, ideas, and opinions. To be able to leverage the power of their voices the way we, the CDnT, do on match days (oh, how we all miss them...le sigh…) and to that end, we are continuing to have our annual BYCAP fundraising event.  

    We acknowledge that this is an unusual season. We refuse to ignore or minimize the effects of the two pandemics happening all around us - Covid-19 and the long and systemic history of human rights abuses of our BIPOC communities locally, nationally, and globally. This season we are turning tradition on its ear so we can have a stronger, greater positive impact on our local BIPOC youth. We are joining forces of the TA and the Riveters for a single BYCAP event, with a single entity recipient, instead of the traditional tandem team specific BYCAP fundraisers.  

    100% of funds raised in this online BYCAP will be donated to Self Enhancement, Inc. (SEI)**. 

    SEI is a comprehensive, one-stop resource for youth and families, primarily African Americans and others living in poverty or seeking culturally responsive services. SEI believes that every child has a gift and that is our shared responsibility to help every child find his or her gift. 

    Please help us surpass prior years fundraising by donating and signal boosting this event. 

    >>>   The 2020 joint BYCAP goal to meet, or surpass,   <<< 

    >>>    is $6240 -which is the combined amount   <<<

    >>>    of TA and RCR 2019 BYCAP events.   <<<

    A donation link will be available on the open access part of the website from August 8th through August 22nd. Make sure you click the BYCAP button. 

    *Buy Your Capo A Pint [or representational thank you goodie]

    **Self Enhancement, Inc.

    Post Script - 

    For those of you who are unfamiliar with BYCAP, it usually happens on or near the last match of the regular season for Timbers and Thorns. As the season would normally be coming to a tense point (or wrapping up) often folks are feeling kind and nostalgic for the events of the season, and many want to “buy us a pint” to say thanks. Thanks for helping to hype the crowd, to keep it on time, to provide eyes and assistance when there is an interloper or and altercation, and generally for us needing to buy tickets to turn our backs to the pitch for a whole season, so the North End can resonate beyond the PP rooftop to roll across the pitch and through the neighborhood.  To aid in providing focused passion for our teams. It has been noted that our livers cannot take so much thanks… so instead we have collection buckets out at our stage, nests and drums, and we ask you to donate that ‘pint’ (or soda, water, coffee) money to our fundraiser so we can help others find a voice the way we have one. We get the “thank you” and our community youth get much needed help and support.

  • 08/03/2020 6:58 PM | 107ist Admin (Administrator)

    The 107ist is seeking additional member input for topics we discuss with the Timbers and Thorns Front Office. The board meets with the Front Office (FO) the second Tuesday of each month, barring any scheduling issues. Past discussions and topics can be found here or by reaching out to the board via email. We are working to do a better job of communicating the topics in our weekly newsletters after the meeting, too.

    During these meetings, both the FO and the board bring topics to the table. The board is generating topics throughout the month, based on committee meetings or what we are seeing other teams or leagues doing (or not doing).

    To make it easier to ask questions, we have created a new form form for members to solicit questions or feedback to the FO. This form is exclusive to members and we are asking for your contact information so we can close the communications loop with you.

    If you are not a member and have a question for the FO, please email and we will work to get answers.

    The 107ist board & committees are working to better represent our members, non-members, and all PTFC supporters. Your input is important and we hope you share your perspective with us. 

  • 07/28/2020 6:00 PM | 107ist Admin (Administrator)

    Recent BLM marches & protests have been met with violence by local police and federal officers. On June 30th, Portland United Against Hate sent a letter to the Mayor to condemn police brutality and a list of demands for City Council. The 107ist is proud to be a signer on the letter and to be a member of the PUAH coalition. 

    Our volunteers have also been helping to support PUAH by distributing information during marches and protests about the Report Hate program as well as passing out water, earplugs, and helping medics attending to those injured during the protest. You may have noticed that the No Pity Van has been in different parts of Portland area throughout the marches and protests. 

    In June, the 107ist ran a Donation Drive to provide medic supplies for Rosehip Medic Collective. Those supplies have been used and there is a large demand for additional supplies so we are asking our members and our community to aid in providing more medic supplies to those helping protesters. 

    Full list of items needed for the medics at the protests in Portland (listed in order of priority/need):
    • NeilMed - NasaMist Extra Strength Nasal Mist (Neutralizes CS Gas) 

    • Arm & Hammer - Extra Strength Nasal Mist (Neutralizes CS Gas) 

    • Surgical Masks

    • Ace Bandages

    • Instant Cold Packs

    • Rolled, Pad, & Hemostatic gauze

    • Medical Tape

    • Sports Tape

    • Bottled Water

    • Butterfly Strips

    • Flash Lights

    • Boost Oxygen Natural (Canned Single use 02) 

    • PD101 Gas Masks (for medics)

    • Leaf Blowers

    • Goggles & Helmets (For Protesters)

    • Respirators & Cartridges (For Protesters)

    • Sugar (Chemical Wipes)

    • Baby Shampoo (Chemical Wipes)

    • Citric Acid (Chemical Wipes)

    • Shop Towels

    • Individually wrapped, non-perishable snacks

    Donations can be dropped off at the Fanladen during the following windows:

    • Wednesday, 7/29 - 6pm to 8pm

    • Friday, 7/31 - 3pm to 6pm

    • Saturday, 8/1 - 12pm to 3pm

    • Sunday, 8/2 - 12pm to 3pm

    Fanladen is located at 1633 SW Alder. 

    If you would like to make a monetary donation directly to medics providing support to protesters, please do so via Rosehip Medic Collective.

    Please keep in mind that we are also collecting items for the Native American Youth & Family Center during the same windows of time.

  • 07/28/2020 10:00 AM | 107ist Admin (Administrator)

    This weekend is the last push for our Donation Drive for the Native American Youth and Family Center. They provide education opportunities and drive community involvement of Native youth and families in the Portland metro area. NAYA’s mission is to enhance the diverse strengths of our youth and families in partnership with the community through cultural identity and education.

    The 107ist Donation Drive is intended to help them collect items that their programs are low on at the moment. NAYA has a high need for more baby items at the moment, so please focus any shopping efforts on diapers, pull-ups, wipes, and formula. 

    A full list of the NAYA Donation Drive items is below:
    • Diapers

    • Pull-ups

    • Baby wipes

    • Baby formula

    • Cleaning supplies

    • Disinfecting wipes

    • Toilet paper

    • Face masks

    • Hand sanitizer

    • Laundry soap

    • Sponges

    • Canned goods: salmon, tuna, spam or chicken; soups: tomato, vegetable beef, chicken noodle and broths; chili beans, beef stew; spaghetti sauce, garbanzo beans, green beans, pumpkin and corn; canned milk. 

    • Shelf stable: milk, almond milk, rice milk; peanut butter and almond butter. Boxed mixes for cornbread and biscuits.

    Donations can be dropped off at the Fanladen during the following windows:

    • Wednesday, 7/29 - 6pm to 8pm

    • Friday, 7/31 - 3pm to 6pm

    • Saturday, 8/1 - 12pm to 3pm

    • Sunday, 8/2 - 12pm to 3pm

    Fanladen is located at 1633 SW Alder. 

    If you would like to make a monetary donation to NAYA, please go to this link to donate directly to their organization.

  • 07/04/2020 2:55 PM | Gabby Rosas (Administrator)

    On June 1, a longtime Timbers Army capo and member of our gameday ops committee, posted a blog about his experience as a Black member of the 107ist and it has put our own systemic, institutional racism front and center for the board of directors. The experience detailed in the blog was not a one-off experience, and the board has been confronted with the hard truth that we have biases and have not been doing nearly enough to be actively anti-racist and radically inclusive. We apologize to our friends and fellow supporters for failing them, leaving them to do the work of pointing out our mistakes and the hurdles that have been in place.

    On June 4, the board asked for 30 days to develop a plan to start restructuring and identify steps that will bring us closer to the organization we want to be. We realize we have not centered BIPOC voices in our decision making or created sufficient pathways to participation or leadership.

    Since then, several BIPOC members of the 107ist have volunteered to form a committee. Here is an update from the team:

    • The team has met twice in person to discuss the current issues and introductions.
    • The team is working on a mission statement and figuring out the structure within the team. Duties have been split amongst the team members.
    • Currently working on creating a list of action items for the board, no current hard dates for delivery yet.
    • New volunteer committee members are being onboarded.

    Today, July 4, the board is sharing our plans for changing the organization to be better. In the process, we have identified paths toward not only addressing the issues regarding racism and not centering BIPOC voices, but also toward other areas of improvement, including better communication, more transparency, and more inclusivity.

    Below are the different areas that the board is working to improve over the next 5 months. We have identified Board Leads for each area so our membership can hold us accountable as well as know who to reach out to if able to help these efforts.

    • Improve accessibility: Virtual meetings with closed captions; and ASL interpreters for in-person events like the AGM and candidate forum.
      • Board leads: Gabby, Jen, Zach
    • Hear from our membership: Create more opportunities to connect with members, such as meet-and-greets with committee leads and board members; update our member survey; add another annual meeting where members set the agenda; look for fresh ways to welcome newcomers and new volunteers; and evaluate ways to reach out to past volunteers to encourage re-engagement.
      • Board leads: Drew, Joshua, Kristen, Sheba, Zach
    • Communicate more: Give more information and notice about board meeting times and topics; post invites to individual committee meetings as appropriate; evaluate our communication structure and strategy to ensure members are getting the information they need and in a timely manner; and add contact info to weekly emails.
      • Board leads: Christin, Dawn, Jen, Gabby, Sheba
    • Increase accountability: Create accountability measures for the board and communicate them to our members; formalize processes such as blog posts and meeting participation; evaluate committees and their engagement levels; and maintain a running list of follow-up items and responsible board members.
      • Board leads: Drew, Gabby, Maggie
    • Evaluate org structure & activities: Evaluate responsibilities of the board, election process, governance with a specific view to ensuring that underrepresented voices are centered as part of the org; increase partnerships with businesses and organizations that serve marginalized communities; and prioritize process documentation for board and committee activities.
      • Board Leads: Christin, Maggie, Zach

    In addition to the move forward plan, the board has also done the following over the last 30 days:

    • Consulted with experts on next steps to center BIPOC voices, including Eric Ward from Western States Center and Zakir Khan from CAIR Oregon
    • Contracting with Resolutions NW for future mediation services
    • Connected with to develop Implicit Bias training for the board and 107ist members
    • Board leadership changes to make room for fresh ideas and new voices as we work with the BIPOC team to find a replacement. Ray stepped down from the board and Sheba stepped down as president and Gabby was elected by the board as president for the remainder of 2020.

    We want to do this work alongside our members, see an area that you want to be involved in? Email the board members responsible. All emails can be found here. We will also be reaching out for help in various ways over the coming weeks and months.

    If you would like to join the BIPOC team, please email the team directly at This email address does not go to the board, but to the members of the BIPOC team.

    For more information on any of the items listed above, please email

    Members have also asked what we, the board, are doing to learn more about systemic racism, how to be an antiracist, and the issues with racism in the United States. Many of us have been spending time reflecting and discussing past and present issues regarding racism and privilege with friends, coworkers, and family. We are looking to bring these changes not only to the 107ist and our work on the board, but to our workplace and other community groups which we belong to. Below is a list of educational material we have been engaged with that focus on re-centering Black experiences and other diverse voices:

  • 06/30/2020 9:16 PM | Gabby Rosas (Administrator)

    General Admission and the North End go hand in hand like peanut butter and jelly. Like avocado and toast. Like Sinc and Tobin or Diego and Diego. 

    The North End should stay General Admission. In 2012, the 107ist board wrote down a long list of reasons why it is vital that the Timbers Army sections remain General Admission. Since 2013, the Riveters have also been rooted in the General Admission sections of the North End. When the North End is full to the rafters, our singing makes it easy for the whole stadium to join in. 

    Please take a few minutes to read the blog post and the comments.

    Today the Timbers & Thorns sent out a “July Supporter* Survey” inside the June Gate E newsletter. The Front Office is looking to learn more about Annual Members’ feelings regarding Safe Standing terraces. 

    The 107ist board recommends that every season ticket holder fill out the survey and use this opportunity to let the Front Office know your interest in Safe Standing, like what is available in 8 other MLS & NWSL stadiums. In each one of these stadiums, the terraces have either been added or built to create a different kind of home field advantage and a unique supporter experience. 

    The 107ist board also wants to provide some additional context as to why we think the this survey is targeting your preference with regards to Reserved Seating as opposed to adding Safe Standing to the General Admission North End. 

    While the survey is being presented to inquire about how Annual Members feel about Safe Standing, many of the questions also relate to your future ticketing preferences, which also means ticket pricing. These topics are not new to the 107ist board, as Safe Standing has been discussed with the Front Office since 2013. Their original proposals for terraces called for the North End sections of the lower bowl (100 level) to be converted and then specific sections of the upper bowl (200 level) would become Reserved Seats. The board opposed the loss of General Admission seats. And Reserved Seats also means more expensive tickets. See below for the price breakdown for 2020 season tickets for Thorns and Timbers:

    • 2020 Thorns General Admission season tickets: $150
    • 2020 Thorns Reserve Seat season ticket, lowest price: $215

    • 2020 Timbers General Admission season tickets: $475

    • 2020 Timbers Reserve Seat season ticket, lowest price: $600

    The 107ist board has been advocating for Safe Standing in the North End since 2013. Safe Standing should not equal more Reserved tickets as it would make it harder for new fans to experience their first Timbers or Thorns match. We already have issues with scalpers around Providence Park, and this would make General Admission tickets even more valuable on the secondary market. Most importantly, shrinking the number of General Admission sections would severely impact the gameday atmosphere for which Providence Park has become known. Safe Standing should not be an either/or argument. Safe Standing can happen while the North End remains General Admission. 

    We want Providence Park to have Safe Standing Terraces. But not at the expense of pricing out our current members or new fans. It is as important today as it was in 2012 that the Supporters sections remain General Admission. 

    *Note: while the survey is listed as a “supporter survey”, the survey was not administered in partnership with the 107ist board. 

  • 06/26/2020 10:00 AM | Sherrilynn Rawson (Administrator)

    The 107 Independent Supporters Trust and Community Outreach Committee are pleased to announce the award of an additional $10,435 in micro-grants to community organizations. These funds are being dispersed to 22 organizations who are all working to mitigate the effects of Covid-19 on individuals in our local communities. For many people, these organizations represent a lifeline, including access to food, utility payments, housing, technology, healthcare, translation services, job services, or other necessities. They also represent access to experiences like soccer, summer camp, books, and the arts. We are pleased to award this money, and encourage you to amplify our impact by visiting, learning, and sharing information about these organizations. Some organizations are large and established, others are newer to the scene, but all are doing remarkable work.

    This second round of grants includes funding for the following organizations: Boise-Eliot/Humboldt PTA, Q Center, Woodlawn Farmers Market, Neighbors Helping Neighbors, Camp ELSO, Black Resilience Fund, Portland Community Football Club, Northwest United Women’s Soccer Inc, Harmony Event Medicine, In4All, Girls Inc of the Pacific Northwest, Oregon Food Bank, Hillsboro Farmers’ Markets, and the Portland Chapter of the Alliance of the Guardian Angels.  We were also able to provide additional awards to several groups that were partially funded during the first round of funding: (Youth Organized and United to help), Write Around Portland, Rosehip Medic Collective, JOIN PDX, Friendly House, Equitable Giving Circle, Howard’s Heart, and Grow Portland. 

    We encourage everyone to check out the fantastic work being done by these groups. If you have time or resources to donate, many of them have asked specifically for volunteers, dollars, and in-kind donations. You can find those needs on our community giving pages: and These sites will continue to be updated if we receive additional requests. 

    As we all know, our greatest asset as an organization is our dedicated and caring membership. If you wish to help with outreach efforts such as donation drives or group volunteer opportunities, please contact We’d love to hear your ideas or connect you with ways to help. Thank you for supporting this work.

  • 06/24/2020 2:05 PM | Jennifer Ingraham (Administrator)

    The following is post from Todd Diskin.

    The list of BLM Resources started with a callout from Nando on Twitter a little more than a week ago. I’d been helping create resource lists for my job at Hands On Greater Portland and with a similar list of anti-racism resources from members of the Rose City Riveters, so I offered to help out.

    The resources list is organized with information about how to support the protests in Portland at the top. Next are organizations you can connect with, other ways you can help, and then, finally, a long list of ways you can educate yourself. It’s organized this way to emphasize the importance of direct action as a means to advocate for change.

    Now that we are in our third week of protest marches in Portland, the results of taking to the streets have significantly shifted the conversation at City Hall and the state capitol. Our community is making itself heard in response to the calls from Black leaders for justice and changes to policing in Portland. White folx need to keep supporting this movement, keep showing up, and be led by Black organizers. 

    The BLM resource list also includes many ways to support organizations who have been doing the work in the Black community, as well as ways you can spread some cheddar around to help out Black-owned businesses, community farms, and other groups.

    Finally, we have a number of ways for you to get educated: reading lists, podcasts, training, and even more lists of resources are at your disposal to help you learn. Start where you feel comfortable and push yourself to get uncomfortable. Build your knowledge. Then ... do something.

    This is “the start of a list” because information is fluid and dynamic. It began with what a small group of us have collected. We welcome and need your feedback, additions, and edits to help broaden how we can take action. You’ll find a link at the top of the document to follow to provide any new resources, edits, or input. 

    I’m grateful to those who’ve contributed so far; I’m inspired daily by the outpouring of support. We have a long way to go, but the daily work adds up. 

    Keep it up, Rose City. 
  • 06/16/2020 12:28 PM | Jennifer Ingraham (Administrator)

    The following is a post from Rachael Travis.

    We’ve all seen it … someone has an idea on Twitter. No, really! A good idea. An “Oh, dammmmmnnn. Why didn’t I think of that?!” kind of idea.

    There’s a kind of cycle that happens: An idea is thrown out there, people get really excited, we all brainstorm in an abstract way, someone @’s a board member, and then … “That’s a great idea! Thank you for volunteering.” I used to think those seven words were a metaphorical door slammed in the face of ideas. Boy howdy, was I wrong.

    Earlier this year, Dawn had the amazing idea that there should be some kind of Riveters’ version of the front office’s Axe photos. She articulated that she didn’t have the capacity to be the task manager behind the project, so I jumped in and, before I knew it, Rose Poses happened. I’m being a little hyperbolic, but this project that I thought would take months to plan took mere weeks with a lot of support.

    Roses Poses wasn’t the first 107IST-supported event I helped organize. In 2018, I came to the board to pitch the idea of bystander intervention training — and I came prepared. I had multiple options for what a training could look like, I had researched different groups from around Portland that could lead them, and I also a fundraising plan. I was ready to come in and have to do all of the heavy lifting. I wish I had footage of my face when the board told me that they would be fully funding the trainings and that they already had a space in mind. Having an idea, especially one so deeply personal and rooted in pain, be supported and encouraged is a rare gift.

    Having had the bystander intervention training experience in my pocket, you’d think I would’ve remembered that 107IST members almost never have to reinvent the wheel. But repetition is the key to learning, and apparently, I needed another event-planning experience to truly learn about all the resources this organization makes available to us.

    Back to Rose Poses …

    When I agreed to take on the project, I truly thought I’d be on my own: I’d be setting up a black sheet in my garage and taking everyone’s picture by myself, while hoping people wouldn’t mind hanging out in my yard for hours. Instead, I put out an ask on Twitter for some volunteers to help plan and run the event. All of a sudden, I had a team to help.

    Then, while we were trying to figure out where to hold the photoshoot, Gabby reached out and let us know we could use the Fanladen. That’s when I learned that members can ask and reserve that space — because it is our space. Y’all might already know that, but my mind was blown. Through the 107IST network, we found a few great photographers who volunteered their time and talents, even a couple backup photographers when Covid changed our original plan. It felt like magic when snacks, a professional lighting setup, and a background showed up. Of course it isn’t magic — it’s the support and resources of this community.

    107IST is a member-driven community, not a board-driven one. Without us, this doesn’t exist. I want to acknowledge that I am speaking from a place of white privilege, so when I say “Oh, just pitch an idea, and it’ll come together!” I know that my experience is not universal, and that not all ideas are embraced and supported as enthusiastically as mine have been. Three months ago, when I was originally planning this post, I wanted to share the privilege of my experience planning events, something that feels even more important now than it did then. I imagined a laundry list of all the resources hidden in the Fanladen (did you know we have a button-maker?!), instead I want to uplift the truly endless resource that is a community with endless expertise and passions.

    The board probably can’t write a blank check for a passion project, but when you hear “that’s a great idea! Thanks for volunteering.” I hope you hear what it really means “That’s a great idea! Thank you for volunteering. Please let us know how we can support you!”

    If you have an idea you want to pitch to the board, email If you aren’t sure where to start, my DMs are open (@rachael_with2as)

    I didn’t know how to do any of this until I tried. I want to support you while you try.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software